Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

I was blessed with the opportunity of having the best Mother. My Mother was a caring, kind, soft-spoken, strong woman. I learned many things from her. I will be forever thankful to her for teaching me how to (and love) cooking, (I'm sure Mike is thankful also) I always told people when I was little I never had to ask for an easy bake oven because Mom helped me use the real one. It was always nice for me growing up that Mom was there when I needed her. I have lovely memories of Mom waiting for me to come home from kindergarten with a bowl of soup and homemade bread for lunch, or when I was supposed to be having a nap and Mom sneaking a just made chocolate she had made for Christmas, I just wanted to say to my Mom thank you, with all of my heart, for being my Mother. I love you and miss you more than words can even express.

I have also had the blessing of having a wonderful Mother-in Law also. Sharilyn is an amazing Mother to my amazing husband Mike. I love her very much. It is nice having her here especially now that my mom is gone. I am so grateful that Emma has such a kind Grandma here for her.

I have to admit Mother's Day is kind of hard for me.It's hard now because my Mother is gone. It was hard when Mike and I were waiting for Emma to be on her way. Those 7 years were pretty hard emotionally. But the first time I saw this:

every tear, every heartache, every injection, procedure,etc was worth it. Emma is truly a little miracle. I am so blessed to be  her Mother. I hope I make my Mother proud.

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Your mom is truly an amazing woman, I love how she has affected all her children and taught each of you the importance of loving family and all others like the children of God that they are. You are a great mom too, and I'm so happy for your little family, your mom would be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you make your mother proud. You are so patient and loving with Emma. She is a truly lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete