Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Missing Mom

For me July 19 is a really hard day. (as I am sure it is for the rest of my family) It's the day the that my Mom passed away. I can't believe how fast 5 years has gone by. There are a lot of extremely hard, sad memories of those last few days, but there are also a lot of beautiful memories that I will never forget. I remember Corinne and I were in the room with her trying to keep her comfortable and Mom telling us about a cooking show that she had watched recently. Those who knew my Mom know that cooking shows were her favorite. I remember Mom being able to talk to Dan and Holly before they got on the plane to fly down. Just thinking about Mom still being able to somewhat carry on a little bit of a conversation with any of us is a total miracle when we were able to see the scans of the damage her stroke had done. Even towards the end of her life Mom was still teaching me. I remember being alone in her room with her just holding her hand, she was hurting pretty bad and the nurse came in to check on her give her some pain medicine and got a cool damp cloth and wiped her face down. Mom turned to the nurse and said "thank you very much, that feels great". I was amazed, Mom was in a lot of pain and she still took the time time thank the nurse for her help. I am so thankful for a Mom who loved me and always took the time to teach me. (even till the end of her life here) I am sad for not having Mom here when I need her, sad for the relationship my Emma would have loved to have with her, but so,so happy for the time I did get to have with her. I love you and miss you Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I know I made a comment earlier...
    Anyway, we totally miss her too and are looking forward to going to UT next weekend to see family. I'm sorry we won't be able to see you guys. I hope you are doing well. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete